Friday, July 5, 2013

I'm being bratty!

Not sure if this will be easy to follow or not...or even make sense...the thoughts are all jumbled up so I'm just gonna open the gates for a few minutes.

I think I am a very easy going, understanding, considerate, nice person.  But I don't want to be.  I want to be controlling.  I want things my way.  At the same time I don't think that's too much to want or expect...because what I want is reasonable & is only the way things should be.

When I care about anybody, I want them to be happy & feel it's my job as somebody that cares to act in a way or do things that will make them happy.  I go out of my way to make people happy & to not do things I know would upset them.  I just want people to treat me the same way. 

I feel like I'm always giving but never getting.  That sounds so selfish & rude.  It's not like I'm asking for royal treatment or lavish gifts every time I turn around...but it would be nice to know I'm appreciated.  I don't care if it's just words...that's better than feeling forgotten or invisible.

For as long as I can remember I've been a giver.  Anything & everything just to make the people I care about smile, make them happy, ensure that they know how much I appreciate them.  I'd like to be on the receiving end for a while.

Maybe I am being selfish or bratty wanting some attention & recognition but I don't really care anymore.  Everybody deserves to feel like they're special...I just want to be everybody every now & then.

No comments:

Post a Comment