Saturday, November 1, 2014

Addicted

I am prone to addictions.  I know this.  If I like something, I like it.  I want all of it I can get.  I drink, I smoke.  I have enough sense not to try anything illegal because I know if I like it I'd be an addict. 

I like feeling wanted.  I like feeling needed.  I like feeling loved.  I like feeling connected even though I try to keep myself disconnected.  I'm sure I'm strangely addicted to all those feelings as well.  But all those feelings get me nowhere. 

Nobody knows how much hurt & pain I carry with me every single day.  I don't let many people know because nobody can fix me.  I don't let many people know because I don't want to whine about it.  I don't let many people know because I'm supposed to be strong & show no pain or weakness. 

I'm broken to pieces inside.  I hate this feeling.  Definitely not addicted to being this way, but I don't know if I'll ever shake it.  Guess I'll be forever addicted to wanting better or wanting more. 

Isn't wanting better or wanting more sorta selfish or wrong.  Shouldn't I just be happy with what I have?  Even if it's not what I want?  I don't have any answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment