Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The war & more

Yeah, sometimes I "think" more than I should. Most of the time I just do it & continue on without letting anybody else know...never really wanted to be known as much of a thinker (lol).

I don't send a lot of e-mail & rarely forward things I get. But I do try to read through everything I get.

Karen: Thanks so much for the stuff you send my way. The one I opened up tonight really hit home for me. I have a handful of friends that have been to Iraq and that are there now.

They are over there risking their lives every day. They don't have what we have here. They are away from their friends and family. What we have, we take for granted and never even really think about how lucky we are.

I am proud of where I live and I am proud that there are brave people like them that are willing to put their lives on the line for that. It can't be easy and they are out there on a daily basis trying to make sure that we can keep what we have and trying to give that to others as well.

The things that are seen and done in war are not nice and pretty. We as a country should be there for our troops supporting them every step of the way. We should try going out of our way every now and then as well to make sure that they know they are appreciated.

Regardless of what you think about the war and regardless of whether you think we should or should not have gone into this thing, we are in it. The brave men and women that are over there deserve to be supported and appreciated. They deserve to feel like their country is there for them.

I don't know what my point is with this. But reading through the e-mail I got tonight made me miss my friends that are there and appreciate even more my friends that have been there.

Right - Wrong - Left - Right - Up - Down - - - It really doesn't matter.

These are the people that have the guts to stand up for our country. We live the way we live because they are there to protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment