Friday, July 18, 2008

Even Now.

Every now & then I come across a song that really hits hard. You know...those songs that really seem to describe something you think or feel & make you wonder how they knew so exactly what was in your head at some point in your life? This one did that.

After all of the odd-ball dreams this past week, coming across this song was just really strange. It was almost like turning the clock back to another point in time.

Even Now
by Caitlin & Will

Well, I was wrong, but you were mean.
Yeah, I got mad 'cause you said those things.
I called your bluff, so you walked out.
So I guess we're even now.

Well I told Jill, and you told Joe.
And I won't name names nut I heard you told someone where I could go.
So I went out & met someone & we had a little fun out on the town.
So I guess we're even now.

We ain't kids...we keep actin' like we are
Playin' stupid games, tryin' to break each other's hearts.
Nobody wins & nobody's keepin' score.
Truth is I just don't think I can do this anymore.
I wish that we could turn this thing around...
'Cause I still love you...even now.

Nobody wins & nobody's keeping score.
Truth is I just don't think I can do this anymore.
...Wish that we could turn this thing around.
'Cause I still love you...

Well, I was wrong.
And I was mean.
Can't we just be even now?

1 comment:

  1. Julie (7/20/08 3:47 PM):
    Wow I just heard this song and it made me cry. It hits very close to home for me.

    ReplyDelete