Thursday, September 10, 2009

Projects: Entertainment Center (2009-09-09)


Built a 5 shelf bookshelf a few months back. Last week I added on to that bookshelf, winding up with a full wall entertainment center. The original bookshelf is on the left hand side, everything except for the top shelf.




The original bookshelf has a 'beaded board' type of backing. I will most likely come back later & add the same backing to the rest of the piece so that the wires & cables will be hidden from view.




Overall I'm pleased with how it turned out. Took 2 days, but could have done it in 1 if I hadn't had to go somewhere the 1st afternoon.

If anybody wants something like this built, let me know. It's built with real wood, not the cheap brittle, particle-board stuff that you get when you buy a pre-fab piece somewhere like Wal-Mart. If I built this same piece for somebody, it would most likely cost between $600-$800, depending on current lumber costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment